Better know as the “Iron lady”, Margaret Thatcher was the prime minister of the United Kingdom. The most renowned lady was also the leader of the Conservative party. Adding on to her position, she was also the longest serving British Prime minister of the 20th century.
She is being addressed as the Iron lady because of her uncompromising politics and leadership style.
So recalling her and her works, here is our list down for 30 best Margaret Thatcher quotes.
30 best Margaret Thatcher quotes
1. Pennies don’t fall from heaven – they have to be earned here on earth.
2. No one would remember the Good Samaritan if he’d only had good intentions; he had money as well.
3. Economics are the method; the object is to change the heart and soul.
4. My policies are based not on some economics theory, but on things I and millions like me were brought up with: an honest day’s work for an honest day’s pay; live within your means; put by a nest egg for a rainy day; pay your bills on time; support the police.
5. Defeat? I do not recognise the meaning of the word.
6. A man may climb Everest for himself, but at the summit he plants his country’s flag.
7. If you want something said, ask a man. If you want something done, ask a woman.
8. To wear your heart on your sleeve isn’t a very good plan; you should wear it inside, where it functions best.
9. Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren’t.
10. I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end.
11. If you want to cut your own throat, don’t come to me for a bandage.
12. . There can be no liberty unless there is economic liberty.
13. I usually make up my mind about a man in ten seconds, and I very rarely change it.
14. It pays to know the enemy – not least because at some time you may have the opportunity to turn him into a friend.
15. t is not the creation of wealth that is wrong, but the love of money for its own sake.
16. I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left.
17. Popular capitalism is nothing less than a crusade to enfranchise the many in the economic life of the nation.
18. I’ve got a woman’s ability to stick to a job and get on with it when everyone else walks off and leaves it.
19. Don’t follow the crowd. Let the crowd follow you.
20. I wasn’t lucky. I deserved it.
21. To wear your heart on your sleeve isn’t a very good plan; you should wear it inside where it functions best.
22. Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren’t.
23. It is not the creation of wealth that is wrong, but the love of money for its own sake.
24. I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end.
25. I love argument. I love debate. I don’t expect anyone just to sit there and agree with me – that’s not their job.
26. I do not know anyone who has got to the top without hard work. That is the recipe. It will not always get you to the top, but it should get you pretty near.
27. Defeat? I do not recognize the meaning of the word.
28. You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
29. You turn if you want to. The Lady’s not for turning.
30. I fight on. I fight to win