So here we have another pick from an American Author. Stephen King is an author of contemporary horror, supernatural fiction, suspense, science fiction and fantasy.
Here is our list for the best quotes from Stephen King. Have a look at our collection for the 50 best Stephen King quotes.
50 best Stephen King quotes
1. Go then, there are other worlds than these.
2. FEAR stands for fuck everything and run.
3. Give me just enough information so that I can lie convincingly.
4.God is cruel. Sometimes he makes you live.
5. The mind can calculate, but the spirit yearns, and the heart knows what the heart knows
6. I’m one of those people who doesn’t really know what he thinks until he writes it down.
7. A person who doesn’t learn from the past is an idiot, in my estimation.
8. The man in black travels with your soul in his pocket.
9. We are going to fight. We are going to be hurt. And in the end, we will stand.
10. People with a high tolerance for boredom can get a lot of thinking done.
11. Even people capable of living in the past don’t really know what the future holds.
12. They were close to the end of the beginning .
13. Memory is the basis of every journey.
14. Life turns on a dime.
15. So what, ghosts can’t hurt you. That’s what I thought then.
16. The dream didn’t fade as dreams usually do upon waking.
17. It ain’t the blows we’re dealt that matter, but the ones we survive.
18. There is nothing of God or Light in that heartless sound - it is all black winter and dark ice.
19. We need ghost stories because we, in fact, are the ghosts.
20. If a book is not alive in the writer’s mind, it is as dead as year-old horse-shit
21. Such an ego simply forbade certain lines of thought.
22. Law enforcement: a case of good men doing bad chores.
23. The exhausted mind is obsession’s easiest prey.
24. Some memories were all right, but others were dangerous.
25. Isn’t bravery always sort of beautiful?
26. The truth is that most writers are needy.
27. There is no bad time for good news.
28. There had never been a shortage of fools in the world
29. Money talks, bullshit walks.
30. Get busy living or get busy dying.
31. I was one in a million. I wasn’t bright enough to realize the circus fat lady is, too.
32. If being a kid is about learning how to live, then being a grown-up is about learning how to die
33. Humor is almost always anger with its make-up on.
34. Time takes it all, whether you want it to or not.
35. Hearts can break. Yes, hearts can break. Sometimes I think it would be better if we died when they did, but we don’t.
36. We lie best when we lie to ourselves.
37. No one ever does live happily ever after, but we leave the children to find that out for themselves.
38. There’s no harm in hoping for the best as long as you’re prepared for the worst.
39. People who try hard to do the right thing always seem mad.
40. He who speaks without an attentive ear is mute.
41. When all else fails, give up and go to the library.
42. Talent is a wonderful thing, but it won’t carry a quitter.
43. What we like to think of ourselves and what we really are rarely have much in common.
44. If you don’t control your temper, your temper will control you.
45. We never cease wanting what we want, whether it’s good for us or not.
46. There is no gain without risk, perhaps no risk without love.
47. The world had teeth and it could bite you with them anytime it wanted.
48. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.
49. It’s a cash and carry world. Sometimes you pay a little. Mostly it’s a lot. Sometimes, it’s everything you have.
50. We all do what we can, and it has to be good enough, and if it isn’t good enough, it has to do.