If you have ever read her books, then I’m sure you should be knowing what a phenomenal writer she has been. So after all the books, here is a set of quotes from her.
Have a look at our collection for the 30 best Agatha Christie quotes.
30 best Agatha Christie quotes
1. It is the brain, the little gray cells on which one must rely. One must seek the truth within–not without.
2. It is a curious thought, but it is only when you see people looking ridiculous that you realize just how much you love them
3. The impossible could not have happened, therefore the impossible must be possible in spite of appearances.
4. A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity. It dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path
5. An archaeologist is the best husband a woman can have. The older she gets, the more interested he is in her.
6.Never do anything yourself that others can do for you.
7. The best time for planning a book is while you’re doing the dishes.
8. One doesn’t recognize the really important moments in one’s life until it’s too late.
9. Instinct is a marvelous thing. It can neither be explained nor ignored.
10. Never tell all you know—not even to the person you know best.
11. Any woman can fool a man if she wants to and if he’s in love with her.
12. I don’t think necessity is the mother of invention. Invention, in my opinion, arises directly from idleness, possibly also from laziness — to save oneself trouble.
13. Good advice is always certain to be ignored, but that’s no reason not to give it.
14. Crime is terribly revealing. Try and vary your methods as you will, your tastes, your habits, your attitude of mind and your soul is revealed by your actions.
15. There is nothing more thrilling in this world, I think, than having a child that is yours, and yet is mysteriously a stranger.
16. I married an archaeologist because the older I grow, the more he appreciates me.
17. Every murderer is probably somebody’s old friend.
18. Curious things, habits. People themselves never knew they had them.
19. The best time to plan a book is while you’re doing the dishes.
20. I live now on borrowed time, waiting in the anteroom for the summons that will inevitably come. And then — I go on to the next thing, whatever it is. One doesn’t luckily have to bother about that.
21. Dogs are wise. They crawl away into a quiet corner and lick their wounds and do not rejoin the world until they are whole once more.
22. Evil is not something superhuman, it’s something less than human.
23. The happy people are failures because they are on such good terms with themselves they don’t give a damn.
24. Where large sums of money are concerned, it is advisable to trust nobody.
25. Very few of us are what we seem.
26. If you’ve lost, you’ve lost.
27. It takes more than a printed notice to keep you from reality. . . . We’ve only one life to live.
28. What you do not understand is that there are things that cannot be bought.
29. But it is not everything in life that has its ticket, so much. There are things that are not for sale.
30. Sensationalism dies quickly, fear is long-lived.