Frida kahlo was known worldwide for her beautiful works of self portraits and artistic creations. But least did the world know that she also had the talent to come up with strong and opinionated works of writing.
As a woman who has gone through a lot of hardships and challenges in life, Frida Kahlo has jotted down all those instances in a closed Diary. And the Diary has not remained silent.
Here are some lines that are picked up from her diary, and they are quite an inspiring thing to read. Take a look at our collection for the Frida Kahlo quotes | Best Frida Kahlo quotes |
Frida Kahlo quotes | Best Frida Kahlo quotes |
- Feet, what do I need you for when I have wings to fly?
- They thought I was a Surrealist, but I wasn’t. I never painted dreams. I paint my own reality.
- I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.
- I love you more than my own skin.
- I want to be inside your darkest everything
- I hope the exit is joyful and I hope never to return.
- At the end of the day we can endure much more than we think we can.
- I’d like to give you everything you never had, but not even then would you know how beautiful it is to love you.
- Take a lover who looks at you like maybe you are magic.
- You know your cry for control is louder, wish your cry for love was stronger.
- I am my own
- muse, I am the subject I know best. The subject I want to know better.
- I think that little by little I’ll be able to solve my problems and survive.
- Tragedy is the most ridiculous thing.
- People in general are scared to death of the war and all the exhibitions have been a failure, because the rich don’t want to buy anything.
- Nothing is absolute. Everything changes, everything moves, everything revolves, everything flies and goes away.
- Only one mountain can know the core of another mountain.
- I feel that we have been together since our origin, that we are apart of the same substance, of the same waves, that we share the same direction.
- I paint flowers so they will not die.
- I used to think I was the strangest person in the world, but then I thought there are so many people in the world, there must be someone just like me who feels bizarre and flawed in the same ways I do.