Being a soldier does not take just one person’s decision. It takes a complete family’s support and trust to entrust their loved ones for the country’s well being.
And there endless number of lives that have been laid down for the country. So paying a tribute for all the brave soldiers, here is a list of quotes that we can dedicate.
Have a look at our collection for the best Quotes for soldiers | Soldier quotes.
Quotes for soldiers | Soldier quotes
1.A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.
2. It doesn’t take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle.
3. Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.
4. The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave.
5. Live for something rather than die for nothing.
6. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
7. Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened.
8. Without heroes, we are all plain people, and don’t know how far we can go.
9. The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war.
10. A coward dies a thousand deaths. A soldier dies but once.
11. Soldiers can sometimes make decisions that are smarter than the orders they’ve been given.
12. No soldier outlives a thousand chances. But every soldier believes in Chance and trusts his luck.
13. You can’t get the blood out.
14. You can only die once, to make sure it’s worth it.
15. No man is a man until he has been a soldier.
16. They fought the enemy, we fight fat living and self-pity. Shine, o shine, unfalsifying sun, on this sick scene.
17. Don’t fire until you see the whites of their eyes!
18. To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace.
19. When this war is over, the Japanese language will be spoken only in hell!
20. I tremble for my country when I hear of confidence expressed in me. I know too well my weakness, that our only hope is in God.
21. War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over.
22. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here
23. We have met the enemy and they are ours!
24. Get there first with the most.
25. If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting.
26. So be it, until there is no enemy, but Peace!
27. Neither a wise nor a brave man lies down on the tracks of history to wait for the train of the future to run over him.
28. We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.
29. Lead me, follow me, or get the hell out of my way.
30. In fact, the highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms for one’s country
31. It is fatal to enter an war without the will to win it.
32. Praise the bridge that carried you over.
33. A leader is the man who has the ability to get other people to do what they don’t want to do, and like it.
34. Only our individual faith in freedom can keep us free.
35. Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.
36. The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it.
37. I don’t know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they terrify me.
38. The military don’t start wars. Politicians start wars.
39. If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn’t plan your mission properly.
40. I only regret that I have but one life to give for my country.