One thing that we all will be respecting about Africa and the people there, is the treasure of wisdom and knowledge. People there, have tremendous wisdom that has been laid down to them by their ancestors.
Right from their prudent quotes and sayings till their wisdom and judicious encouragements, Africans have the best of it.
So if you wish to pick up a few quotes and sayings from them, here is the list.
Have a look at our collection for the Best African proverbs.
Best African proverbs
1. Wisdom is like a baobab tree; no one individual can embrace it.
2. The fool speaks, the wise man listens.
3.Wisdom does not come overnight.
4. The heart of the wise man lies quiet like limpid water.
5. Wisdom is like fire. People take it from others.
6. Only a wise person can solve a difficult problem.
7. Knowledge without wisdom is like water in the sand.
8. In the moment of crisis, the wise build bridges and the foolish build dams.
9. If you are filled with pride, then you will have no room for wisdom.
10. A wise person will always find a way.
11. Nobody is born wise.
12. A man who uses force is afraid of reasoning.
13. Wisdom is not like money to be tied up and hidden.
14. Learning expands great souls.
15. To get lost is to learn the way.
16. By crawling a child learns to stand.
17. If you close your eyes to facts, you will learn through accidents.
18. He who learns, teaches.
19. Wealth, if you use it, comes to an end; learning, if you use it, increases.
20. By trying often, the monkey learns to jump from the tree.
21. You always learn a lot more when you lose than when you win
22.You learn how to cut down trees by cutting them down.
23. The wise create proverbs for fools to learn, not to repeat.
24. What you help a child to love can be more important than what you help him to learn.
25. By the time the fool has learned the game, the players have dispersed.
26. One who causes others misfortune also teaches them wisdom.
27. You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla.
28. What you learn is what you die with.
29. Instruction in youth is like engraving in stone.
30. When you follow in the path of your father, you learn to walk like him.
31. Ears that do not listen to advice, accompany the head when it is chopped off.
32. Advice is a stranger; if he’s welcome he stays for the night; if not, he leaves the same day.
33. Traveling is learning.
34. Where there are experts there will be no lack of learners.
35. Peace is costly but it is worth the expense.
36. War has no eyes
37. When a king has good counselors, his reign is peaceful.
38. Peace does not make a good ruler.
39. A fight between grasshoppers is a joy to the crow.
40. There can be no peace without understanding.
41. If you can’t resolve your problems in peace, you can’t solve war.
42. When there is peace in the country, the chief does not carry a shield.
43. When two elephants fight, it is the grass that gets trampled.
44. Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
45. He who thinks he is leading and has no one following him is only taking a walk.
46. An army of sheep led by a lion can defeat an army of lions led by a sheep.
47. He who is destined for power does not have to fight for it.
48. Do not forget what is to be a sailor because of being a captain yourself.
49. Without a leader, black ants are confused.
50. He who fears the sun will not become chief.