Known best as a writer, comedian and Actor, Woody Allen is also one of the most remembered filmmaker. He is loved for his odd shelved wit and slightly left of centre sense of humor.
In his fifty years of career, people who have loved his writing have figured out that Allen’s work straddles the line between love and hate.
So if you are one who loves the writings and quotes of Woody Allen, here is a good collection. Have a look at our collection for the Best Woody Allen quotes.
Woody Allen quotes
1.To you I’m an atheist; to God, I’m the Loyal Opposition.
2. I’m not saying I didn’t enjoy myself, but I didn’t.
3. You know a lot of geniuses, y’know. You should meet some stupid people once in a while, y’know, you could learn something.
4. Between the Pope and air conditioning, I’d choose air conditioning.
5. Honey, there’s a spider in your bathroom the size of a Buick.
6. I feel like we’re in a Noel Coward play. Someone should be making martinis.
7. I can’t listen to that much Wagner. I start getting the urge to conquer Poland.
8. My brain: it’s my second favorite organ.
9. I don’t believe in an afterlife, although I am bringing a change of underwear.
10. Marriage? That’s for life! It’s like cement!
11. Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought — particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things.
12. I think people should mate for life, like pigeons or Catholics.
13. My God! I beat a man insensible with a strawberry!
14. If God exists, I hope he has a good excuse.
15. If my film makes one more person miserable, I’ll feel I’ve done my job.
16. I think crime pays. The hours are good, you meet a lot of interesting people, you travel a lot.
17. The difference between sex and death is, with death you can do it alone and nobody’s going to make fun of you.
18. I think universal harmony is a pipedream and it may be more productive to focus on more modest goals, like a ban on yodelling.
19. I don’t know enough to be incompetent.
20. Join the army, see the world, meet interesting people – and kill ’em.
21. I was nauseous and tingly all over. I was either in love or I had smallpox.
22. It’s much more pleasant to be obsessed over how the hero gets out of his predicament than it is over how I get out of mine.
23. If my films don’t show a profit, I know I’m doing something right.
24. It’s not that I’m afraid to die, I just don’t want to be there when it happens.
25. What a world. It could be so wonderful if it wasn’t for certain people.
26. What a world. It could be so wonderful if it wasn’t for certain people.
27. Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons.
28. Life doesn’t imitate art, it imitates bad television.
29. I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it’s the government.
30. This year I’m a star, but what will I be next year? A black hole?”