If you are one who loves the 80’s music, then I’m sure that the Beatles should be one of your favorites. John Lenon is the person behind the band who owns all the credit for the formation of the band.
John Lenon, an English Singer and song writer himself, was the co-founder of the “beatles” band. With his co-founder, Paul McCartney, he has immersed the most commercially successful band in the history of popular music.
So remembering him on his 75th birthday, let’s take a trip to all his quotes and sayings. Here is our list for the 50 Best John Lenon quotes.
50 Best John Lenon quotes
1. I said we were more popular than Jesus, which is a fact.
2. Love is the greatest refreshment in life.
3. Part of me suspects that I’m a loser, and the other part of me thinks I’m God Almighty
4. My role in society, or any artist’s or poet’s role, is to try and express what we all feel. Not to tell people how to feel. Not as a preacher, not as a leader, but as a reflection of us all.
5. Everybody loves you when you’re six foot in the ground.
6. There is an alternative to war. It’s staying in bed and growing your hair.
7. Well, I don’t want to be king, I want to be real.
8. Life is very short, and there’s no time for fussing and fighting my friends
9. Trying to please everybody is impossible – if you did that, you’d end up in the middle with nobody liking you.
10. You’ve just got to make the decision about what you think is your best, and do it.
11. I’m not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I’ve always been a freak.
12. Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end.
13. One thing I can tell you is you have to be free. Come together, right now, over me.
14. Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans.
15. Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
16. Music is everybody’s possession. It’s only publishers who think that people own it.
17. Only by trying on other people’s clothes do we find what size we are.
18. Declare it. Just the same way we declare war. That is how we will have peace… we just need to declare it.
19. Surrealism had a great effect on me because then I realized that the imagery in my mind wasn’t insanity. Surrealism to me is reality.
20. When you do something noble and beautiful and nobody noticed, do not be sad. For the sun every morning is a beautiful spectacle and yet most of the audience still sleeps.
21.Happiness is just how you feel when you don’t feel miserable.
22. If everyone could just be happy with themselves and the choices people around them make, the world would instantly be a better place!
23. You know the way people begin to look like their dogs? Well, we’re beginning to look like each other.
24. A mistake is only an error, it becomes a mistake when you fail to correct it.
25. We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, while violence is practiced in broad daylight.
26. When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind.
27. Everything is clearer when you’re in love.
28. Peace is not something you wish for; It’s something you make, Something you do , Something you are, And something you give away
29. Why in the world are we here? Surely not to live in pain and fear. Why on earth are you there, when you’re everywhere-come and get your share.
30. Creativity is a gift. It doesn’t come through if the air is cluttered.
31. Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we’re being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I’m liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That’s what’s insane about it
32. Love is like a precious plant. You can’t just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it’s going to get on by itself. You’ve got to keep on watering it. You’ve got to really look after it and nurture it.
33. You don’t need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. You are what you are!
34. There are no problems, only solutions.
35. There’s nothing new under the sun. All the roads lead to Rome. And people cannot provide it for you. I can’t wake you up. You can wake you up. I can’t cure you. You can cure you.
36. Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I hope someday you’ll join us, and the world will be as one.
37. There’s nothing you can do that can’t be done
38. Nothing you can make that can’t be made.
39. No one you can save that can’t be saved.
40. Nothing you can do but you can learn how to be you in time.
41. Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it’ll always get you the right ones.
42. If you want peace, you won’t get it with violence.
43. All we are saying is give peace a chance.
44. Love, Love, Love. All you need is love. Love is all you need.
45. It matters not who you love, where you love, why you love, when you love or how you love, it matters only that you love
46. Yes if there is such a thing like genius, I am one.
47. I believe Jesus was right, Buddha was right, and all of those people like that are right. They’re all saying the same thing — and I believe it.
48. I don’t believe in magic … I don’t believe in Jesus … I don’t believe in Buddha … I don’t believe in Elvis … I don’t believe in Beatles.
49. I don’t want to grow up but I’m sick of not growing up — that way. I’ll find a different way of not growing up. There’s a better way of doing it than torturing your body.
50. I could still be forgotten when I’m dead. I don’t really care what happens when I’m dead.