For everyone who did not know, Maundy Thursday is a part of the holy week that marks an important time for all Catholics worldwide.
Maundy Thursday marks a day when Christians all over the world, contrive the events of the Last Super. This was when Jesus washed the feet of his disciples and passed around bread and wine. And this is where the whole reverence of the Holy Eucharist and Holy mass began.
So running through the history of Maundy Thursday and its importance, you might need some quotes and status to put it up on Maundy Thursday.
Here is our pick for some of the best Quotes for Maundy Thursday | Maundy Thursday quotes |
Quotes for Maundy thursday | Maundy Thursday quotes |
1.For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
2. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
3. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
4. Embrace this God-life. Really embrace it and nothing will be too much for you.
5. In the day when I cried out, You answered me, and made me bold with strength in my soul.
6. For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
7. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
8. Love one another as I have loved you.
9. I’m falling on my knees, offering all of me. Jesus, You’re all this heart is living for this holy Thursday.
10. Not all the blood of beasts on Jewish altars slain, could give the guilty conscience peace, or wash away the stain. but Christ the heavenly lamb, takes all our sins away. A sacrifice of nobler name and richer blood than they.
11. God dwells in our midst, in the Blessed Sacrament of the altar.
12. If we but paused for a moment to consider attentively what takes place in this Sacrament, I am sure that the thought of Christ’s love for us would transform the coldness of our hearts into a fire of love and gratitude.
13. As he baths our feet and feeds us with his very self he simply asks us, Let me love you.
14. So Jesus said to them, ‘Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.
15. Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
16. A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.
17. I hunger for the bread of God, the flesh of Jesus Christ …; I long to drink of his blood, the gift of unending love.
18. It would be easier for the world to survive without the sun than to do so without the Holy Mass.
19. The Eucharist is the source and summit of the Christian life.
20. Two expressions of one and the same mystery of love entrusted to the disciples, so that, Jesus says, “as I have done… so also must you do