Known best for her short writing and poems, Sylvia Plath quotes can touch and heal the deepest blues in your hearts. She grabs the most attention with her deep and touching works of writing. She has even received famous recognition as a poet and writer.
So if you are looking for some meaningful and touching quotes, you would probably love her writing. Take a look at our collection for the best Sylvia Plath quotes | Quotes by Sylvia Plath | Best Sylvia Plath quotes |
Sylvia Plath quotes | Quotes by Sylvia Plath | Best Sylvia Plath quotes |
1. The hardest thing is to live richly in the present without letting it be tainted out of fear for the future or regret for the past.
2. I am so hungry for a big smashing creative burgeoning burdened love.
3. Why can’t I try on different lives, like dresses, to see which one fits me and is most becoming?
4. Perhaps when we find ourselves wanting everything, it is because we are dangerously near to wanting nothing.
5. I have never found anybody who could stand to accept the daily demonstrative love I feel in me, and give back as good as I give.
6. I love people. Everybody. I love them, I think, as a stamp collector loves his collection. Every story, every incident, every bit of conversation is raw material for me.
7. And there’s the fallacy of existence: the idea that one could be happy forever and age with a given situation or series of accomplishments.
8. I too want to be important. By being different. And these girls are all the same.
9. I began to think vodka was my drink at last. It didn’t taste like anything, but it went straight down into my stomach like a sword swallowers sword and made me feel powerful and godlike.
10. Do we always grind through the present, doomed to throw a gold haze of fond retrospect over the past?
11. You have to be able to make a real creative life for Yourself, before you can expect anyone Else to provide one ready-made for you.
12. Let me live, love and say it well in good sentences.
13. The artist’s life nourishes itself on the particular, the concrete.
14. There is so much hurt in this game of searching for a mate, of testing, trying. And you realize suddenly that you forgot it was a game, and turn away in tears.
15. The one man in the room who was as big as his poems, huge, with hulk and dynamic chunks of words.
16. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
17. There must be quite a few things that a hot bath won’t cure, but I don’t know many of them.
18. And by the way, everything in life is writeable if you have the outgoing guts to do it. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.
19. Nothing stinks like a pile of unpublished writing.
20. After something happens to you, you go to write it down, and either you over dramatize it, or underplay it, exaggerate the wrong parts or ignore the important ones. At any rate, you never write it quite the way you want to.
21. I must bridge the gap between adolescent glitter and mature glow.
22. Perhaps some day I’ll crawl back home, beaten, defeated. But not as long as I can make stories out of my heartbreak, beauty out of sorrow.
23. I may never be happy, but tonight I am content.
24. If they substituted “Lust” for “Love” in the popular songs it would come nearer to the truth.
25. Why are we conditioned to the smooth, strawberry-and-cream Mother-Goose-world… only to be broken on the wheel as we grow older and become aware of ourselves as individuals with a dull responsibility in life?
26. I like people too much or not at all. I’ve got to go down deep, to fall into people, to really know them.
27. Kiss me and you will see how important I am.
28. I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again.
29. I took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart. I am. I am. I am.
30. Is there no way out of the mind?