Being in the Political front for almost fifty years,Winston Churchill was also the Prime minister of the United Kingdom from 1940 to 1945.
Winston Churchill is regarded as one of the greatest wartime leaders of the 20th century. And apart from being a great leader for the company, Winston Churchill was an officer in the British army, a historian, a writer and an artist.
He wont the Nobel prize in Literature and was the first person to be made an honary citizen of the united states.
So recalling him and his works, let’s take a look at his quotes and sayings. Have a look at our collection for the 40 Best Winston Churchill quotes.
40 Best Winston Churchill quotes
1. It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations
2. There are a terrible lot of lies going about the world, and the worst of it is that half of them are true.
3. To build may have to be the slow and laborious task of years. To destroy can be the thoughtless act of a single day.
4. To improve is to change, so to be perfect is to change often.
5. The farther backward you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.
6. The price of greatness is responsibility.
7.Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.
8. Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room.
9. Personally I’m always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught.
10. Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
11. Broadly speaking short words are best and the old words when short, are best of all.
12. Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities because it has been said, it is the quality which guarantees all others.
13. History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
14. Attitude is a little thing that makes a BIG difference.
15. Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
16. If you’re going through hell, keep going.
17. Everyone has his day, and some days last longer than others.
18.You have enemies? Good. It means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.
19. Those who can win a war well can rarely make a good peace, and those who could make a good peace would never have won the war.
20. We shape our dwellings, and afterwards our dwellings shape us.
21. What is adequacy? Adequacy is no standard at all.
22. There is always much to be said for not attempting more than you can do and for making a certainty of what you try. But this principle, like others in life and war, has it exceptions.
23. There is only one duty, only one safe course, and that is to try to be right and not to fear to do or say what you believe to be right.
24. In the course of my life I have often had to eat my words, and I must confess that I have always found it a wholesome diet.
25. Every man should ask himself each day whether he is not too readily accepting negative solutions.
26. It is wonderful what great strides can be made when there is a resolute purpose behind them.
27. In finance, everything that is agreeable is unsound and everything that is sound is disagreeable.
28. All I can say is that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me.
29. The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.
30. All the greatest things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom; justice; honour; duty; mercy; hope.
31. I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
32. If we open a quarrel between the past and the present we shall find that we have lost the future.
33. It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time.
34. It’s not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what’s required.
35. The problems of victory are more agreeable than those of defeat, but they are no less difficult.
36. When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber.
37. Out of intense complexities, intense simplicities emerge.
38. Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak, it’s also what it takes to sit down and listen.
38. Continuous effort – not strength or intelligence – is the key to unlocking our potential.”
39. It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.
40. I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.